Already, given the number of disclosures we have received, we can see the merits of such independent and impartial recourse.
Between May 1, 2017, and March 31, 2018:
- 270 requests received
- 122 grounds for disclosure processed
- 12 investigations underway as at March 31, 2018
About Public Integrity
A wrongdoing may consist of:
- a contravention of a law or regulation applicable in Québec;
- a serious breach of the standards of ethics and professional conduct;
- a misuse of funds or property belonging to a public body;
- gross mismanagement within a public body, including an abuse of authority;
- an act or omission that seriously compromises a person's health or safety or the environment;
- directing or counselling a person to commit a wrongdoing.
More than 5,000 bodies subject:
- government departments and agencies;
- government corporations;
- school boards;
- public health and social services network institutions and private institutions under contract;
- childcare centres, subsidized childcare services and home childcare coordinating offices; as well as
- people appointed or named by the National Assembly.